[XviD-devel] Access violation in AviStreamWrite using Xvid with width>720

Dark Sylinc dark_sylinc at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Feb 27 18:22:15 CET 2008

Hi,

I have no experience with avifil32.dll, although I've had problems in the past regarding resolutions.
I suggest you to first try nice ones (by nice=power of two) like 1024x1024.
Strange resolutions (specially odd numbered ones) may crash XviD. I didn't care that time because video codecs aren't supposed to support such weird movie resolutions. }
Let us know how a 1024x1024 goes.

Cheers
Dark Sylinc

Renate Schaaf <rme-schaaf at web.de> escribió:
I'm writing videos using avifil32.dll, feeding a stream of bitmaps to a
compressed AVI-stream using AVIStreamWrite. It works fine with the
latest Xvid-Codec 1.1.3, but only up to a video-width of 720. Beyond
this, I get an Access-Violation the first time I'm using
AVIStreamWrite. The same works fine with the Microsoft MP42 codec with
resolutions up to 1280x960, so it looks like an Xvid-problem from here,
or what could I have been doing wrong?

Thanks,
Renate Schaaf