[XviD-devel] Regarding the parameters in the MBParam structure

Dark Sylinc dark_sylinc at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Feb 29 16:30:45 CET 2008

Hi,

That struct is filled in
encoder.c
line 167 - 172

After reading that, have fun:

http://www.itdp.de/Xvid-devel/2003-03/msg00091.html
http://list.xvid.org/pipermail/xvid-devel/2002-September/000875.html
http://itdp.fh-biergarten.de/Xvid-devel/2003-10/msg00089.html
http://itdp.fh-biergarten.de/Xvid-devel/2003-10/msg00092.html
http://itdp.fh-biergarten.de/Xvid-devel/2003-10/msg00097.html

PS: I suggest you should look for MPEG-4 info. XviD is
just a codec and you're asking too many generic
questions. You should get more info in sites like
Doom9
For example here's an excelent post to get MPEG-4
info:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=96059

Then if you want more info about it, google the
specified ISO number: for example
"ISO 14496-2" throws:
http://akuvian.org/src/x264/ISO-IEC-14496-2_2001_MPEG4_Visual.pdf.gz
Where it states (as an example) about the macroblock
(which what you're asking for):
"macroblock: The four 8×8 (or 16×16 in motion
compensation decoding of Reduced Resolution VOP)
blocks of luminance data and the two (for 4:2:0
chrominance format) corresponding 8×8 (or 16×16 in
motion compensation decoding of Reduced Resolution
VOP) blocks of chrominance data coming from
a 16×16 (or 32×32 in motion compensation decoding of
Reduced Resolution VOP) section of the
luminance component of the picture. Macroblock is
sometimes used to refer to the sample data and
sometimes to the coded representation of the sample
values and other data elements defined in the
macroblock header of the syntax defined in this part
of ISO/IEC 14496. The usage is clear from the
context."

MPEG-4 is the result of decades of research. We can't
teach you all of them with a couple of mails. This may
sound harsh, but really you will get more usefull
information by looking at the specs.

Hope this helps
Dark Sylinc

--- Shiva Narayan Reddy <venkat.d at samsung.com>