[XviD-devel] xvid decompression

reno reballos rreballos at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 17:14:11 CEST 2008

Hi Stephan Assmus,

how are you...? by the way as i recall you said while ago that you are working on decoder and utilizing the code of xvidcore, i hope you can help me with my concern.... :)

i am still pursuing the video conferencing which is 1: 4 conferencing and 5 persons all in all in the conference that are exchanging compressed data and decoding the received 4 compressed data simultaneously in one computer.. now my query regarding to this instance is, is it possible to have 4 decoders decoding simultaneously? if it is not possible i am thinking of making process ID for the four decoders so that i can avoid the lagging during the conference? or is it wise to have process ID's in the conference itself especially when it involves an encoder and  at 4 least four decoders decoding different data in one computer?

and another concern, how to retrieve the data lost during the sending of data so that i can still meet the video quality i wanted?

sorry for a lot of questions... looking forward to hear from you..

regards,
reno