[XviD-devel] xvid decompression

Stephan Assmus superstippi at gmx.de
Wed Jun 11 09:19:28 CEST 2008

reno reballos wrote:
> now my query regarding to this instance is, is it possible to
> have 4 decoders decoding simultaneously?

Yes, you can have multiple instances of the decoder. You can call

int ret = xvid_decore(NULL, XVID_DEC_CREATE, &xvidDecoderCreate, NULL);

You should already call this somewhere in your code. Then
"xvidDecoderCreate.handle" is what you need to remember for each instance
of the decoder you need.

> and another concern, how to retrieve the data lost during the sending of
> data so that i can still meet the video quality i wanted?

I don't know. If you use TCP/IP, it should take care of retransmitting
packages automatically, if that's what you mean. If you don't use that
protocol, you just need to implement retransmitting yourself. I have no
idea what your specific situation and network design, and I don't have
experience in this field, so I can't be a great help, sorry.

Best regards,
-Stephan