[XviD-devel] xvid decompression

reno reballos rreballos at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 12:33:26 CEST 2008

Hi Stephan,

thank you for a clear and precise answer to my question....

when you were decoding, the frames... what type of frame are you decoding in?

>If you absolutely _have_ to use RGB, then use 32
>bits, 16 bits will only slow it down.
--my encoder output color space is RGB16 bits that will probably save me more bits than using RGB 24 or RGB 32, isn't it or i am wrong ?

>The last time I tested
>the speed, I decoded 684 by 384 video with YCbCr colorspace, and that took
>about 4 or 5 ms per frame on a Core 2 Duo @ 1.8 GHz. Using both cores, you
>should be able to decode about 7 streams. Of course the encoding takes more
>CPU, but I have not done that myself and have no numbers ready.
--- before you decode the compressed data what is the size of the data or what is the size of the compressed one frame before decoding?

Stephan, what other tips you can have me when decoding the frames so that i can avoid the lagging problem?

looking forward to hear from you... thank you...

regards,
reno