[XviD-devel] xvid_global()

Dark Sylinc dark_sylinc at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jun 11 18:36:41 CEST 2008

> I have a question about the use of xvid_global(). Should
> this be called
> only one during the lifetime of an application? Assuming
> one has multiple
> instances of a "decoder" in a process, would they
> interfere with each other
> if they all called xvid_global()?

I'm looking at xvid_global code.
It looks like with param XVID_GBL_INIT HAS TO be called ONCE PER PROCESS. Otherwise each call would intefer each other if different parameters are given. (I'm very sure about this)
So, call it only once.

XVID_GBL_INFO looks like there's no problem to call it anywhere. (can't guarantee)

I'm still digging about XVID_GBL_CONVERT.

Take note that what I'm saying is based upon seeing the code, if I missed something I will be wrong. Try and error........

Hope this helps
Dark Sylinc

IMPORTANT:
The information contained in this email may be commercially sensitive and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice of its status and hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review, dissemination, distribution, disclose or copying of this message including any attachments is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system.