[XviD-devel] GPL Violation -- GameCam

Dark Sylinc dark_sylinc at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jun 19 03:15:03 CEST 2008

Well done!

Yes, I could reproduce his steps: "This software is derived from the GNU GPL XviD codec (1.1.0).
Your software distributor has to give access to its source code."

That's in a 2mb file in "H:\Documents and Settings\USER\Configuración local\Datos de programa\gctmp\~29B.tmp" in my case

Besides that, the XVID string is written multiple times in the binary. But that's not clear evidence of the GPL violation. The license header on the other hand, pretty looks like it is.

Also relevant entries found:

"XviD 2pass stat file (core version %d.%d.%d)"
"xvid-1.1.0"

I'm still looking if they released the source. But couldn't find it yet. Even if they had, it is not clearly stated where to drag the source as the GPL requieres.

Cheers
Dark Sylinc

IMPORTANT:
The information contained in this email may be commercially sensitive and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice of its status and hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review, dissemination, distribution, disclose or copying of this message including any attachments is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system.