[XviD-devel] multi thread

Pannonvision havasi at pannonvision.hu
Thu Mar 6 11:12:25 CET 2008

Hi,

I tried to use the XVID static library in the following mode:

I have started several threads. Each threads inited an xvid decoder
and encoder and was continuously compress and decompress one frame.

The error: sometimes (after some hundred of
compression-decompression) the xvid core faild to decompress the data
(there was error on the decompressed image). I have found that ALL
XVID core function must be mutex-ed ! Why? Is it a known limitation?
I was unable to find any parameter to enable the multi instance use
in multi threaded applications.

I need urgent help, thank you!

Regards,

Laszlo Havasi