[XviD-devel] Using Xvid to decode Mpeg4 Short Header Format

reno reballos rreballos at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 06:43:02 CET 2008

Hi Masters,

i am using the xvid filters on my directshow applications and in my application i am connecting the two xvid filters, the encoder and decoder xvid filters for real time video streaming, but along the way i cannot successfully connect the two filters in whatever method i used be it Connect(), ConnectDirect() or RenderStream but still giving me the negative HRESULT value which is equivalent to FAILED, in my application what i did i used the media type to connect the two filtes via pin connection method but i am stuck on the setting of mediatype which is very important in connecting the two filters, i mean i referring to the AM_MEDIA_TYPE structure but i am just into the majortype and the subtype, my majortype = MEDIATYPE_Video, and my subtype = ????(i dont know for xvid),

please help....

thank you in advance,
reno