[XviD-devel] Multi-instance of decoder

RG Nur Rahmat rgnurrahmat at gmail.com
Fri May 23 09:53:45 CEST 2008

Hello Guys,

I am trying to use XviD decoder in 4 instances in which they are running
parallel, so far, all I know if these decoder functions are called
sequentially, I will not have problem in displaying the encoded video.
However, in the network, we can not determine when data packet will arrive
so that my decoder function will crash due to parallel usage.

My question is, how to go about this problem? Will multi-threading solve the
problem, considering I'll be suing the same decoder core?

Thank you for your replies.

Regards,
RG Nur Rahmat