[XviD-devel] SDL-1.2.7 install problem Mac OSX 10.4.11

Mine i.cue at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Sep 17 22:54:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to install a number of applications which will eventually
allow me to install MPEG4IP. Most have install okay but every time
I try to install  SDL-1.2.7 I get errors. After doing much searching,
I thought the problem may have been to do with libtooize and
glibtoolize. I modified the following: ln -s libtoolize glibtoolize
  to  ln -s /usr/bin/libtoolize /usr/bin/glibtoolize to try to link
the files but I am still getting the following error:

Unwind_Resume
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[2]: *** [libSDL.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I just don't have enough experience to know how to solve
the problem.

Prior to the above error the following also appeared in the Terminal.
Not sure if it's important but could be part of the problem.

ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol ___eprintf
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/libgcc.a(_eprintf.o) private
external definition of ___eprintf in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/libstdc++.dylib(single
module) definition of ___eprintf
ld: Undefined symbols:

I am not sure if I have provided enough info to help solve the
problem, but I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Terrence