[XviD-devel] Packaging issues, copyright/license check and big drop in performance in 1.2.1 compared to 1.1.2 (amd64)

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Thu Feb 19 18:35:25 CET 2009

Hi,

actually, it wasn't very difficult to determine the authors of the IA64
code after all. Proper license headers have now been added to the IA64
source files on CVS head branch.

Regarding the info in:

> http://list.xvid.org/pipermail/xvid-devel/2009-February/006044.html
>
>> Or, get latest yasm. Latest yasm (I use 0.7.99.2161.) runs perfectly
>> with Xvid daily-snapshot.

Note that this refers to the xvid daily snapshot, which is the head
(1.3-dev) development branch. Since there are/were some differences in how
yasm and nasm handled amd64 code, yasm support was dropped in 1.2.1 for
simplicity. In the meanwhile some bugs were fixed in both yasm and nasm,
and xvid asm code got revised so that yasm is now supported again in CVS
head (1.3-dev) branch...

Regards,
Michael