[XviD-devel] libxvidcore OS4 port (source code changes)

Fredrik Wikstrom fredrik at a500.org
Fri Jun 5 11:45:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

Thanks for including my code changes.

I just build the CVS version and it compiled without problems.

I've also had to change the Makefile and platform.inc so that the
-maltivec -mabi=altivec flags are only used on files with altivec,
otherwise gcc 4.2.4 generates altivec code by itself in other files
breaking the build on non-altivec systems. My system has an AMCC 440EP
CPU, which doesn't have an Altivec unit.

My solution was to remove these flags from SPECIFIC_CFLAGS, create a
variable ALTIVEC_CFLAGS with them in the platform.inc file and then add
the following rule to the Makefile:

$(PPC_ALTIVEC_OBJECTS): CFLAGS+= $(ALTIVEC_CFLAGS)

AFAIK this problem should also affect other PPC-based platforms.

Regards,
Fredrik Wikstrom