[XviD-devel] Problem when trying to use multiple instances of the xvid encoder

Dark Sylinc dark_sylinc at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jun 17 00:33:30 CEST 2009

I remember someone talked about using XviD in multiple threads
http://list.xvid.org/pipermail/xvid-devel/2008-June/005910.html

I don't know if he succeded, but here was my answer.
http://list.xvid.org/pipermail/xvid-devel/2008-June/005916.html

You could start by checking you're not calling xvid_global() in different threads because it will cause a crash.

I guess you've already tested that XviD doesn't crash when compressing single threaded, right?

Cheers
Dark Sylinc

IMPORTANT:
The information contained in this email may be commercially sensitive and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice of its status and hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review, dissemination, distribution, disclose or copying of this message including any attachments is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system.