[XviD-devel] multithreading

Lars Täuber lars.taeuber at web.de
Fri Jun 26 09:35:45 CEST 2009

Hi!

Radek Czyz <radoslaw at syskin.cjb.net> schrieb:
>  > Of course this is only meant for quantized encoding without any
> bounds for the bitrate.
>
> Which makes first pass a "bit" of a waste...

That's why a kind of 0-run only for frame type detection would be a good enhancement to the Xvid API.

For me x264 is no alternative. Because it has to much bells and whistles from the point of users view. It is to complex. Too much knobs to rotate.
I understand the xvid quite well - or well enough to know which configuration to use for my needs. And these are quality wise encoding.

Thanks again. Keep up the work - _please_.

Lars