[XviD-devel] multithreading

Lars Täuber lars.taeuber at web.de
Fri Jun 26 10:05:14 CEST 2009

Jason Garrett-Glaser <darkshikari at gmail.com> schrieb:
> > For me x264 is no alternative. Because it has to much bells and whistles from the point of users view. It is to complex. Too much knobs to rotate.
>
> Then don't rotate the knobs.

It's also a matter of knowing what I do.

Do you know of a documentation of encoding with the »highest justifiable« quality? With xvid I use:
I-frame quantizer of 3
P-frame quantizer of 4-8 (depending on the source video resolution)
B-frame quantizer of 6-13 (same reason)
I-frame interval of 250 max
max 3 consecutive B-frames

I don't know how to translate the Xvid quantizers to the x264 quantizers.
But this should be questions to an x264 wiki for sure.

regards
Lars