[XviD-devel] When will xvid support the h.264 decode?

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Thu Oct 8 10:56:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

Xvid 1.2.2 does not support H.264 - neither decoding nor encoding. Xvid is
a MPEG-4 ASP codec. It is a consideration to add H.264 support in a future
major release of Xvid as this would constitute a logical evolution. For the
time being I suggest you have a look at the excellent x264:

http://www.videolan.org/developers/x264.html

Regards,
Michael