[XviD-devel] Questions / Bug fixes / Patches

Carl Eric Codere cecodere at yahoo.ca
Tue Nov 23 04:30:42 CET 2010

Greetings,
        I once again reproduced the problem with the frame drop ratio. I
did as follows with the following mencoder options:

-xvidencopts pass=1
bitrate=768
me_quality=6
trellis
vhq=1:min_iquant=2
min_pquant=2
min_bquant=2
frame_drop_ratio=0
nopacked
par=vga11
profile=sp4a

Same thing for pass 2. When converted to a MP4 file using Mp4Box with the following options:
..\tools\mp4box\mp4box -fps %fps%  -nodrop -new -add %2_%bitRateHigh%_MP4 at SP_Xvid.avi %2_MP4 at SP_%bitRateHigh%_Xvid.mp4

-> 27 frames are defined as being N-VOP, G-Spot specifies them as non packed bitstream N-VOPs.

Now, when I use graphedit and replay this video with the ffmpeg video decoder and frame grab all these frames, the 27 frames seem to be missing at constant bitrate. Of course, this seems to be a bug with the FFMPEG decoder (which does not occur when i use the 3ivx decoder), but the drop ratio workaround could possibly solve this problem, as well as other numerous compatibility problem, no?

Best regards,
Carl