[XviD-devel] Questions / Bug fixes / Patches

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Wed Nov 24 12:46:18 CET 2010

Carl,

I have applied the frame_drop_ratio patch to CVS. When frame_drop_ratio is
set to "0", no N_VOPs will now be produced anymore by xvidcore. Hopefully,
this will workaround the issues you observed with MP4Box muxed .mp4 files.

I have to admit however that I'm still confused: If I recall correctly
we concluded last time when this topic was discussed that MP4Box appears
to rewrite N_VOPs as P_VOPs with all Skip-MBs upon muxing a xvid encoded
stream into .mp4 files using the -nodrop option. Your most recent post
however seems to indicate that the N_VOPs are preserved by MP4Box for
-nodrop. Has MP4Box behavior changed?

Best regards,
Michael