[XviD-devel] Questions / Bug fixes / Patches

Carl Eric Codere cecodere at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 26 05:53:50 CET 2010

On 2010-11-25 01:33, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Are you sure your method of testing directshow filters is accurate?
> I  don't think simply counting the number of output frames is sufficient,
>maybe the filter is displaying the previous frame for a longer period of
> time (which IMHO would be valid behaviour).

Greetings,
          I think it is visually right when shown on the screen, but i
do not just count the frame, I also dump the video to a YUV sequence,
and from that use MSU Quality measurement tool to compare the quality of
the codecs, and of course, this gives wrong results if there are frames
which simply disappear.

When decoding video, shouldn't the decode filter be frame accurate in
all cases ? I am not expert, and I did not know what is the common
practice ?

Best regards,
Carl