[Xvid-devel] -mno-cygwin flag

Richard H Lee ricardohenrylee at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 23:47:22 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm not sure if the -mno-cygwin compilation flag is obsolete any more.

I compiled xvidcore on cygwin. It works fine if you do a 1 pass encoding
using mencoder.

But if you do 2 pass, it does the first pass fine but hangs on the 2nd.
The ran mencoder under gdb and found it got stuck on win32 ReadFile
function. So I removed the dix2pass.log file and it seemed to work.

I recompiled xvidcore without the flag and mencoder. It seems to work now.

I'm not sure if by removing the flag it uses a more native cygwin
function, because it seems to write the log file fine.

Richard Lee