[Xvid-devel] Patch for XVID MPEG-4 DirectShow/MediaFoundation filter

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Mon Jun 13 17:27:20 CEST 2011

Hi Jerker,

> Neutralize the UNICODE define was really the very idea (by explicit using
> wide functions). This is usually the style used when writing drivers or low
> level windows code.

Hm, why would one want this behavior? I don't quite see the advantage in
making the code explicitely UTF-16 even if UNICODE is not defined. So I
share the concern of Dark Sylinc on this matter.

I think one should be able to compile the filter as both ANSI or UNICODE
depending on the target environment and intended use-case.

What would be the advantage of making the code explicitely UTF-16?

Regards,
Michael