[Xvid-devel] Patch for XVID MPEG-4 DirectShow/MediaFoundation filter

Jerker Bäck jerker.back at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 09:06:31 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

> I don't disagree with you that Unicode should be faster than ANSI for
> Windows NT onwards. But the difference in speed will be completely
> unnoticeable for Xvid, so this shouldn't be much of a consideration
> here.
Agree, for the Xvid dshow source this discussion is entirely academic.

> So could you modify your patch so that the code can be compiled with
> both MBCS and Unicode char set?
Sure. As suspected, the new patch require less changes. Using the winnt.h
TEXT macro to avoid dependency of tchar.h. This goes also well in style with
SDK DirectShow source. There are 2 cases where explicit use of A variant
functions are required.

I added a patch for CXvidDecoder::ar_x, ar_y (int => UINT) so that the types
corresponds to VIDEOINFOHEADER2 and Media Foundation. (Compiler warning
cleanup).

Patch to make the libxvidcore library and Xvid dshow source robust in
respect to different calling conventions (CXvidDecoder.h and xvid.h). I
understand that a request to change the main library header is much to ask
for, but I think this is a good thing. See more about this in the patch.

New patch:
http://pastebin.com/xXPrSuMP

Regards
Jerker