[Xvid-devel] About library objects name in Cygwin/MinGW

Motofumi Oka chikuzen.mo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 15:34:17 CEST 2011

I want to attach "lib" to STATIC_LIB also in mingw.
It may not be required as Reini said.
However, it already serves as custom. I don't know except xvid what does not
attach ”lib"prefix to static library.
When a cross-platform project uses GCC, do they set up LDFLAG in
consideration of a library name being different only in mingw?
Probably, they are unwilling to do it.
Therefore, if there is no reason which must not attach "lib", I will want
you to attach it.

Regards,
Motofumi