[Xvid-devel] Have XVid working but playback of encodig

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Tue Jun 19 23:40:19 CEST 2012

Hi Rob,

thanks for providing the additional information. Note that Xvid does not
support audio encoding. Xvid is not a video capturing or transcoding
application but rather a video codec only. So capturing audio from the PC
microphone and laying it over the video track is out of the scope of Xvid.

So if you want to capture audio/video from microphone and camera under
windows, and also need to create files in a container format with both
an audio and video track, I'd suggest that you implement this kind of
application using DirectShow. You can also use the Xvid encoder from
within the DirectShow framework.

If you really need to continue working with Xvid's native API, then be
advised that Xvid's API header (xvid.h) contains a lot of descriptions
for the different structs and codec options. Further, the xvid_encraw
and xvid_decraw example programs (look into xvidcore/examples directory)
demonstrate the use of the Xvid API.

Best regards,
Michael