[Xvid-devel] Full review of the help message

Elio Blanca eblanca76 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 16 16:41:18 CET 2014

Hi Michael,
about the -zones option I think the issue cannot be complexity. After all, we can assume that users
using xvid_encraw for their encodings are not newbies for sure  :-)
Google helped me in finding this help text:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=920163#post920163
which seems quite useful; I will try PMing the user "Brother John" in order to ask him for his text
usage.
On the other side, I really like xvid_encraw: it's light and quite complete, but lack of full
control about the zone options keeps it from being a full replacement for the vfw filter (which, in
contrast, shows all available options).
Well, I think that having xvid_encraw option-complete will make it a suitable, full and native
encoder for everyone (at no cost! It ships with xvid source tree).
Elio