[XviD-devel] vbr module

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 18:31:16 +0200

Dirk Knop (dknop@gwdg.de) wrote:
> So is it a transcode lib or are you porting it that way that it'd belong
> to the xvid-core? (I'd prefer the second choice ;) ).
> So if there's need to change something, both linux/*NIX and windows
> world would profit from it the same time...

The lib is  independant of both transcode and  xvid. As your algorithm
is just using  the length of frames, this lib could  even be used with
whatever codec that  is able to tell the vbr  controler how many bytes
it consumed and what quantizer it used.

Personnaly I don't know if its place  is to reside in the core or stay
on  top of XviD.  If you  guys have  a precise  idea about  that... we
should discuss it.

--
Edouard Gomez                   <vbr bugfree for 0days - now cleaning>