[XviD-devel] [BUG] BFrame encoder doesn't force intra for 1st frame

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 18:30:59 +0200

Edouard Gomez (ed.gomez@wanadoo.fr) wrote:
> Short version : BFrames outputs a pframe as first frame.

I looked at the code. I've found why it outputs a PFrame but i don't understand the code well and i prefer some expert see what he can do :-)

When you use a freshly  initialized encoder, then you go through the encoder_encode_bframes function to the line

line 874 :
    inc_frame_num(pEnc);

And here you increase all counters, among then iFrameNum (=1).

And when the encoder must decide what type the frame is :

line 929 :

    if (pEnc->iFrameNum == 0 || pFr...)

So we never satisfy the iFrameNum == 0.

If someone who understands all this bframe queueing code could fix that.

Regards.

--
Edouard Gomez