[XviD-devel] xvid + bframes and mplayer/ffmpeg decoding

Markus Liebl xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 22:45:38 +0200

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:40:29 +0200
Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> > Perhaps there is a bug in the new export_xvid module?
> >
> Have you used  my xvid.cfg sample ? because it  was malformed and lead
> to a bug.  Bit there's surely a bug somewhere  because when the config
> file is  bad it should  fallback to sane  defaults but it was  not the
> case so i'm preparing a patch update for the first patch set :-)
First I used defaults. (no xvid.cfg) With the defaults I found the bug I
called "green bug".
Then I tried (xvid.cfg) -Q 0 to avoid the green bug. There was no
difference to defaults.
With -Q1 the green bug was gone, but I had the next problem.
(blinking blocks) ...

> NB : i had no green bug but a "totally pink frames" bug...
I have a Nvidia card, that's normal ... :-)

Bye,
Markus

--
                     Gut geraten, ist halb gewußt.