[XviD-devel] [BUG] Pink Frames (still lacks fix) ++

Dead2 xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:04:51 +0200

> > In my opinion the red and blue dc coefficients are saturated
> > by  a bug in  the bitstream  writer or  a MB  coding bug  (remainder :
> > blue+red give pink :-) because pink MBs have an pink average color and
> > the dc coefficient is the average chroma value of MB so...
>
> Nono, pink is not red+blue (that's RGB mode, forget it). Pink is the
> channel with "pink vs. green" (which is either U or V, I don't
> remember; the other is "blue vs. yellow". I hope.)

Yep, this is the same problem as in the [XviD-devel] [BUG] thread.

I have also had a few strange crashing bugs lately..  Crashes mid-movie and
such.. Also quite a lot on the first frame.. non-bframe..

Credits mode w/grayscale is buggy..  It seems it gets a whole grey keyframe
at the start while it should be black. Then half the block stays grey until the next
keyframe. VERY annoying.. especially since it takes 3+ hours to detect it in two
pass encodings..  =/  (No, I didn't bother to re-encode to get it right)

-=Dead2=-