[XviD-devel] Dynamic B-frame setting

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 15:25:58 +0200

peter ross (suxen_drol@hotmail.com) wrote:
> no one responded to my suggestion about taging xvid cvs and removing
> all these damn #defs? the alternative, is branch off and work on
> xvid+bframes+coolnewstuff and maintain xvid concurrently?

Current cvs is not very clean. I would not maintain such a cvs :-)

What about 1  week for cleaning the sources  from all uneeded material
and bug squashing. I think it's  time to stabilize the tree and branch
a new  tree if you  use to develop  that way. But branching  now would
oblige both  trees to  be cleaned and  debugged. It's better  to start
from  something good  imo. Then  tag a  release_2_1 and  continue with
CVS_HEAD.

--
Edouard Gomez