Re[2]: [XviD-devel] motion compensation->inter4v->BFRAMES->chroma bug?

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:03:09 +0200

----- Message d'origine -----
De : "Radoslaw Czyz" <syskin@bigpond.com>
À : <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
Envoyé : jeudi 22 août 2002 11:46
Objet : Re[2]: [XviD-devel] motion compensation->inter4v->BFRAMES->chroma
bug?

> > I can do some screen-shots, give an .avi with the problematics passages
(in
> > vertical only or horizontal only motion !!!!) or give you more info if
you
> > need.
> > a another version without BFRAMES activated did not create artifacts...
> > I've tried to add frame_drop_ratio support (in core & vfw) without
BFRAMES
> > flag, but it's harder than i thought.....
>
> Hi. Just run a simple test - try to use motion search precision 4
> (disable inter4v). If the artifacts dissappear, what means we're
> talking about the same bug.

done a test with default sp4 and BFRAMES
and the artifacts dissappear, we're talking about the same bug.

> > vertical only or horizontal only motion
>
> This might mean it's a different problem. Or, it might be an important
> hint for finding the bug.

it's just an impression i had. i will check it with ffdshow - show MV.

PS :
does TOOSMALL_LIMIT = 3 gives impressive size improvements ??
because even with sp4, my build gives me a 21 Mb file
at const quant 2 vs 22,5 for koepi's.
visally checked quality (no PSNR test) and i couldn't tell any
differences...