[XviD-devel] todo/action list

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:11:38 +1000

hey all.
while we've twidling our thumbs, let's make a todo/action list.
---

BUGS
* rework timebase/timeincr code
* interlacing bug
* zero idct coeff issue

XVIDCORE
* adds skals fast vlc code [IN PROGRESS]
* examine/implement new fdct algo [IN PROGRESS]
* fix invalid memory access; mentioned by gruel
* incorporate platform independant 2-pass vbr
* prefiltering
* api v3.

XVIDCORE/ME
* optimise getpmv/macroblock structure
* permit different motion search algos to be selected at runtime

XVIDCORE/BFRAMES
* 2pass statistics and mvhiting
* add dynamic fcode/bcode

XVIDCORE/DECODER
* auto/width height detection
* cleanup bframe mb_decoding functions
* post processing

FRONTENDS
* import quicktime frontend into cvs & clean up
* contact nullsoft about their winamp3 plugin interface;
  currently their implementation does not do xvid justice.

FRONTENDS/VFW
* export a Configure() function, such that vfw can be configured
  from the commandline/shortcut, e.g. rundll32 xvid.dll,Configure

-- pete