AW: [XviD-devel] Problem with low frame rate coding in stable release

Bernhard Penz xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 14:34:38 +0100

> > I tried to generate low frame rate videos with the stable (0.9.0)
> > release. The encoding works fine, but the decoder crashes during
> > decoding. I've debugged a little bit around, and it seems that the
> > size information of the header is either not written
> correctly or the
> > decoder reads it wrong. I attach the video header+the first
> I frame,
> > and would be happy if anyone could have a look at it and give me a
> > hint where to search further for the problem. The video is in CIF
> > format encoded at 4 FPS.
>
> the bitstream in question contains complexity estimation and
> scalability features. xvid does not support scalability decoding.

Thats strange - the stuff I sent was generated with XviD! Could somebody
check if encoding a video with framesize 352x288 at 4 FPS with XviD
0.9.0 leads to a invalid header? If others have this problem, too, I'll
search for the error.

Berni