[XviD-devel] pre0 milestone

Vincent GOMEZ xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:01:49 +0100 (MET)

Christoph said:
> MPEG-4 Profile were invented for interchangability and lets stick to
> that. Instead of adding features, we should make existent ones usable.

Just my 2Euro Cent contribution as stable tree "maintainer"...

1- standard features must be tuned, tweaked, speeded up, reworked,
    {put here a possible  action on standard feature} .
2- XviD should be documented (remember OpenDivX and the lack of internals documentation ?)
3- non standard features MUST be banned. Period.

Don't forget that XviD aims to be a MPEG4 codec (read the README file) not a MPEG4-like bloated software (we already have DivX out there for that role :-).

--
Edouard Gomez