[XviD-devel] qpel decoding

Michael Militzer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:02:15 +0200

Hi,

I've added some basic qpel decoding support yesterday. The code is not
pretty and not fast, but it seems to work - so please test!

btw: I haven't done the assembler changes yet that I had talked about
yesterday. While I thought about it, I had some ideas how the interpolation
step could be sped up in both quarterpel and in normal halfpel interpolation
modes. But these ideas could mean major changes of the whole decoder/encoder
code and structures. So I will now first gather some statistical data to
decide whether those ideas really have potential or not. So any asm
optimizations will have to wait until I've made a decision for the final
interpolation structure/method that will be common between encoder and
decoder...

@gruel: can you send me a copy of your integer ME please? I will then also
look into qpel encoding support again...

bye
Michael