[XviD-devel] Status of GMC

Dirk Knop xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 11:36:07 +0100

Hi,

Christoph Lampert wrote:

>Yes, I believe that. Current GME is far from perfect, so much fewer blocks
>are _SKIPped_ and this leads to larger files. (there are others
>reasons, too...)

Ah ok, no problem with me, I thought I should report it anyways ;)

>>Removing the "inline" or adding a __:
>>
>>void __inline bs_put_spritetrajectory(Bitstream * bs, const int val)
>>
>>changes this behaviour, it compiles flawless.
>>

>Okay, I changed it... I guess this was gcc syntex or simply plain stupid.

Thanks!

>Oh dear, please _don't_ use GMC in any of your released builds. I just
>uploaded to CVS in order for people to have a look at the code. I can't
>think of any situation where it leads to smaller files, yet, and for users
>there isn't anything to test or so. After all, this baby is less than 48
>hours old...

Oopsi, sorry, it's already in my unstable/dev-api-3-build :-( Well, just
for this reason (too early activation of a feature) I always have the
stable build online, and it's the first on my site ( please take a look:
http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/ - the developer build is not the one
which gets your attention first ), and it's stated that the build is
_unstable_ , so I think the users who try that are warned... I didn't
intend to offense you! Sorry again!

Best regards,
Dirk