[XviD-devel] patch: new(er) colorspace stuff

skal xvid-devel@xvid.org
04 Nov 2002 11:26:17 +0100

	Hi Pete,

On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 06:12, peter ross wrote:
> hi,
>
> ive just committed the new assembly colorspace asm. its not activated
> yet, because i'd like someone with a extended mmx capable box to
> test the code (specifically non mod16 material, and yv12->yv12).
> please perform an encoding/decoding using your favorite colorspace,
> and report back any success/problems. ive tested it thoroughly.
>
> apply the attached diff to activate the new routines.
>
> important api changes are:
> * the inclusion of XVID_ENC_FRAME->stride
> * XVID_ENC_FRAME->stride and XVID_DEC_STRIDE->stride now refer to
>   the number of bytes per image-row.
>
> notes:
> * changes to vfw and dshow have also been commited, but commented
>   out. search for 'stride' in vfw/src/codec.c or dshow/src/CXvidDecoder.cpp)
> * examples have not been updated.

	I just happen to spot a problem (of mine) that's been puzzling
	me for a long: at xvid.h, line 72 we have:

#define XVID_CSP_RGB24  0   /* [b|g|r] */

	Reading "RGB24", I really thought xvid was spitting
	the components in R,G,B order... until I read the comment.
	It's only a naming problem, note. Was I the only one
	misleaded?

	(note it had a long side effect: the colorspace code I
	once sent you was patched to work the same as what I
	*thought* xvid was doing, not was it was actually doing).

	bye,

		Skal

(Gruel: nice to have GMC rolling!)