[XviD-devel] ref bitstreams

skal xvid-devel@xvid.org
04 Nov 2002 19:05:01 +0100

	Hi,

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 16:00, skal wrote:

> 	That's the problem :) I don't know what it should look
> 	like in the end... Anyway, I've dug a little in the
> 	norm/code and found something that isn't clear:
> 	section 7.6.9.6 states that a skipped mb in the future
> 	should trigger a decoding of b-vop macroblock "treated
> 	as the fwd mode with motion vector".
> 	Very well, now section 7.6.8 says that the predictor
> 	should then be updated afterward. So, I've added a
>
>  dec->p_fmv = zeromv;
>
> 	at line 1236 of decoder.c (just after decoder_bf_mbinter(...)).
> 	It seems to reduce the blockyness, but I couldn't say,
> 	lacking a reference output to aim at...

	Whatever correct this "interpretation" of the norm might
	be, it doesn't seem to be the very source of the problem.
	I think it's more related to the VOP time decoding:
	 Time frequency is '30, and around frames #30, #60, etc...
	we decode a modulo_base of '1'. One second elapsed since
	last sync point in a "IPBPBPBPB..." sequence seems a lot,
	to me...

	bye,

		Skal