[XviD-devel] glitches in images

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 22:35:36 +1100

>I am using xvid in a surveillance system that I implemented . I have got a
>problem that I cannot figure out. I am transmitting MPEG-4 stream that I
>encoded from one PC to another one ( there is no transmission loss-I
>checked
>that). On the decoder side I decode the images , when I  use just one
>camera
>it works perfectly fine , when I transmit |MPEG -4 stream from more than
>one
>camera and i decode it on the other side a get images which that have
>glitches in them(sometimes image blocks are missing). On the decoder side I
>implemented two sets of buffer that basically receives the MPEG-4 stream
>and
>then sents it to the decoder. I have played around with the quantiser
>ratios, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I have also played around
>with
>the buffer size.
>
>Hopefully someone has had the same problem(or knows whats wrong) and can
>help me out ...

hi,

this sounds like a static varible problem. are you running two
instances of the xvid encoder simultaneously within the same memory
space (ie. using threads)?

if so, we need to know you encoding settings to trace the problem.
i believe custom quant matrices are not multi thread-safe, but
everything else should work.

-- pete