Re[4]: [XviD-devel] qpel - problems I found

Radek 'sysKin' Czyz xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 23:53:52 +0930

> hm, strange. I had the opposite opinion: Last time I checked, DivX5 seemed
> to also do some rounding, at least decoding DivX5 qpel clips with only
> halfing qpel vectors for chroma blocks looked clearly wrong... Need to look
> at it again.

Sorry! I thought I checked divx5 but that must have been some time
ago. You're right. Divx5 decodes with rounding, and the artifacts
don't even seem to be chroma related (at least not only).

So it's ffdshow/libvacodec which forgets the rounding. Apart from
that, it seems to decode fine - no other artifacts.

I'll try to find out what divx5 does wrong.

Radek