[XviD-devel] interlacing test

daniel smith xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 11:40:26 +0800

i patched xvid's interlacing, but have a couple queries.

- vm18 says boundary blocks should always use normal frame-based dct, but there's nothing to enforce it (and it brings quite a bitrate hit).  should xvid obey this?
- how the hell does one decode an xvid sequence with momusys?

rmp4 shows some smearing at the top and bottom of the image when a vector references the outer-frame padding, and seems to be because xvid pads the top and bottom of the image with alternating lines from the last field, whereas rmp4 just copies the outermost value.  i found in momusys a mention of "UB 981130" which says we just pad interlaced VOPs the same as progressive ones, contrary to vm18.  i would like to make sure of this point, as it seems at the moment we still may not be spec compliant.

i wish mpeg would just post vm19 or whatever to their docs page.

dan