[XviD-devel] API 3.0

daniel smith xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:21:54 +0800

> * raw hints worry me, as they add a lot of structs to the api.
>   does anyone use the raw(uncompressed) mv hints ??

i think i put them in for some testing gruel wanted to do, but i know of no one else who wanted anything to do with them.

I liked the behaviour of hinted ME in 2-pass, as it removed the tendency of a static background to smear when someone moved in the foreground, as if the MV map was assigning the person's movement to the background to save MV bits (very annoying for me).

MfA posted a note about IEEE papers addressing this with the keywords "edge oriented block", but I could find nothing available on the net.

dan