[XviD-devel] MINGW32 and xvid_encraw

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 22:41:19 CEST 2003

g'day,

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 23:06:33 +0200 "Maciej Kalenczuk"
<mkalenczuk at wi.ps.pl> wrote:
> First of all i would like to thank "suxen_drol" for suggestions regarding
> MINGW32 and Xvidcore. it actually works! But i only get the core library
> (dll file). what do i need to do to get xvid_encraw and xvid_decraw
> executables. im now working on a project for my master thesis and would like
> to use the "encraw" and "decraw" code.

ok. if you dont mind me asking, what is topic of the thesis?

> Can You please help me build "xvid_encraw" and "xvid_decraw" using GCC for
> win32 and MINGW32 / MSYS ?

there are two ways to compile:

1) dynamically

   % cd xvidcore/examples
   % cp ../build/generic/libxvidcore.dll .
   % gcc -o xvid_encraw -I../src -L../build/generic xvid_encraw.c -lxvidcore
   % ./xvid_encraw

   if you dont copy libxvidcore.dll over, xvid_encraw.exe will complain
   about missing dlls.

2) statically

   % cd xvidcore/examples
   % gcc -o xvid_encraw -I../src xvid_encraw.c ../build/generic/libxvidcore.a
   % ./xvid_encraw

rawdec is compiled in the same manner.

-- pete