[XviD-devel] Cartoon mode

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Thu Apr 17 14:58:14 CEST 2003

Hi,

with all the new and upcoming option, we should maybe bundle
our knowledge into some "Presets" for the GUI. Instead of
suggestions like "quarterpel might help, but not always, depends on the
input material" (which is absolutely right), we might come up with
good presets for the most frequently encoded material.
They don't have to be perfect. Just good.

a) General natural video   <--- everything "real"
b) Action                  <--- explosions, fast movement
c) Cartoons/Anime          <--- typical: black lines, large
                                unicoloured areas.

Did I forget anything?

What's your suggestion of settings for these when it comes to
Bframes, QPel, VHQ, etc. ? About GMC you can forget for the moment, that's
going to be rewritten during the next few days.