[XviD-devel] Re: DivX5 compatibe API

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Mon Feb 10 00:43:18 CET 2003

Christoph Lampert (chl at math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> I was referring to divx4linux501-20020418.tgz (DivX5.01 "basic version").
>
> It contains decore.h and encore2.h which are more or less documented.
> There is an EXTENSIONS structure with fields for MPEG-quant, QPel, GMC,
> interlace, etc..
>
> Of course, they have no effect in the "basic" version, so they are useless
> for DivX5, but they would not be for XVID.
>
> Current xvid has "divx4.h" which is compatible to old DivX4Linux (or at
> least used to be).

Is it worth doing that ? I'm  not sure whether a program or not supports
DivX pro  features as it has  never been released for  linux ia32. DivX5
pro compatible programs support only the basic part of the API afaik.

In other words,  why trying to be compatible with  something that is not
used ?

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...