[XviD-devel] get_block_inter and dequant_inter in the same routine?

Jim Hauxwell xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 20:47:12 -0000

Ok,

Just done some tests, and I think its about 8% quicker than the xmm version.
It takes 0.28% of a decode of a 2.5mbit PAL stream.

pro : dump all the mmx xmm and 3dn versions of routine for native C
      quicker on non intel machines

The quant_type sets up a function pointer for dequant_inter & dequant4_inter
to save if/then/else

I'll need to intergrate into latest CVS, if your interested, to make a
patch.

Jim