[XviD-devel] Extra padding after FrameCodeI/P

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:32:47 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, suxen_drol wrote:
> > at the end of encoder_encode() there are 32 extra bits
> > 0xFFFF, 0xFFFF written to bitstream. That's that for?
>
> it's a encore2 relic.

Removed.

> padding before startcodes: while the iso suggests this, i dont think it
> was the authors intention.

I asked at technotes-mpeg4 at they say it's not needed, so I removed it
again. 8bit Padding is now only done before VOP-start, and if we ever
support slices, it will be done there, too.

> vfw 0x7f: i agree christoph:
> using the new api, xvid_encore(XVID_ENC_ENCODE,xxx) will return:
> 	<0	an error (XVID_ERR_xxx values..)
> 	0	ther was no encoder output
> 		(vfw can then perform its 0x7f hack)
> 	>0	the number of output bytes (previously "frame.length")

This sound very reasonable!

gruel