[XviD-devel] [CVS Commit] Fixed quant4_intra_xmm andquant_intra_3dne bug for DC<0.

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Jul 17 12:01:58 CEST 2003

Marco Al (marco at simplex.nl) wrote:
> From: "Marco Al" <marco at simplex.nl>
>
> > Wouldnt it be faster to reuse the result in edi? (0 if positive, -1 if
> > negative)
>
> Ugh nevermind ... you could use the same trick but it would use more
> instructions anyway.

We have to compute the corrected value, so my approach was quite simple:

lea temp_register, [output_register + 1]
cmovs output_register, temp,register

I tested that with all combination of quantizers and DC values. And
there are now no differences between quant4_intra_c and
quant4_intra_xmm, and quant_intra_3dne and quant_intra_c.

--
Edouard Gomez