[XviD-devel] Question on ME

chandra Subhash subhash542 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 14:50:42 CEST 2003

Hi,
I am implementing XVID encoder on TI OMAP. Now OMAP
has hardware accelerators only for logarithmic search.
I read in the encoder doc that this algo is already
available. But couldn't find the code. Am I missing
something.

Just out of curiousity, are you guys planning to
implement H26l(h.264) features into this? Motion
compensation through multiple frames would reduce
occlusion problems and take advantage of periodic
motion for further compression and better quality.
But I can tell you XVID is a great codec, I find it to
be much better than DIVX version.
Bye,
Cheers,
Subhash